Our History

The Northport Rural Cemetery is located on Long Island’s beautiful North Shore just south of scenic Northport Harbor.

The land was originally owned by the Bishops, a prominent local family, and was used as a burial ground commencing in the early 1800’s. In 1882, the family sold the land and the Northport Rural Cemetery Association was incorporated. The Cemetery currently operates on approximately 14 acres of land and has had over 6,200 burials since its origin.